Friday, May 29, 2009

So--I'm thinking 65 quarts is enough--I am NOT going back--the season is about done--harder to pick--my knees and back hurt more now--more rotten ones--eeewww--
Then it hits me--
ALL THOSE STRAWBERRIES that my DH paid for(to support my picking obsession) and all in freezer or given away--and NO strawberry pie for DH! NOT ONE! How could I?!! For the 30 years we've been married--
when I say--
"I made a treat..."
he responds by saying..(EVERY TIME, MIND YOU--even in December)
"Shoney's Strawberry Pie?"
shoney's! whatever! (I have no idea how shoney's made their pie!)
So I went back this morning before the rains were coming. just to pick enough for a pie for dh. Picked 14 more quarts (that would be some pie) Finally pulled myself away cause I was dehydrated, wobbling around, and had to use the ladies' room)

Made 2 pies. Look at that RED!!! not a drop of food coloring--No strawberry jello--just berries, water, cornstarch and sugar.Those berries are something else. WOW. Get the whipped cream and let's have PIE!

2 comments:

  1. mmm that pie looks sooo good. I've never heard of just a strawberry pie that sounds yummy I'm gonna have to make one now :)
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops forgot to ask, care to share your recipe??

    ReplyDelete